Dwayne Johnson ‘The Rock’ Loses Beloved Puppy ‘Brutus’ After Eating Poisonous Mushroom

Did You Know Mushrooms Were Poisonous to Dogs?

Saying goodbye to a beloved dog, whether a young puppy or old friend, is always heartbreaking as Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson recently experienced with the death of his young French Bulldog puppy, Brutus.

Brutus apparently was playing with his brother Hobbs in the family’s backyard when he came across and nibbled on some innocent looking mushrooms which turned out to be poisonous.

The lethal toxicity attacked and destroyed his liver and immune system in just a few hours after of Brutus eating them.

Remember to contact a veterinarian immediately if you suspect your dog has eaten any wild mushrooms.


Source: Instagram … Another reminder we have to live and love as greatly as we can today, because tomorrow is never guaranteed. At approximately 11:15pm last night myself and @laurenhashianofficial had to make the painful decision to end Brutus’ suffering by taking him off of life support and sending his soul to pup heaven. I held his lil’ paw as he was finally at peace. As all puppies and dogs do, he ate a mushroom while playing outside with his brother Hobbs. This mushroom happened to have a lethal toxicity and within hours it was rapidly destroying his liver and immune system to the point of no return. I encourage all of you out there to be mindful of mushrooms in your yards, parks or anywhere outside your dogs play. What looks innocent, can be deadly to your lil’ family members. Thank you Dr. Deckelbaum and Dr. West and the incredibly caring nurses and staff at The Animal Medical Center At Cooper City. We’ll always love you Brutus.. and you’ll always be my lil’ main man and rough housing Brute. #RIPBrutus #WishICouldHaveSavedYouOneMoreTime #TheresPickUpTrucksInHeavenYouCanPeeIn

Featured Image: Mashable

Leave a comment: